FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Updated Entry Cabinet

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Updated Entry Cabinet

I have had this cabinet in my entry way for so many years - about 40 years. It is nothing special. It just works there or maybe I just got use to the piece and left it there. Have you ever done that? 
It's like a habit and you want to change it but you don't. I did change it about 2 months ago and replaced it with another piece. You can see the new one here

I decided to give it a face lift before trying to sell it. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Painted Black Entry Cabinet


It was solid wood. 
Eclectic Red Barn:  Entry Cabinet with doors off

It was in great shape with no scratches. 

Eclectic Red Barn:  Original Entry Cabinet
It had two doors and these long handles. I took it apart so I could paint it.
Eclectic Red Barn:  Entry Cabinet with doors off

I decided on black paint. I did two coats and then waxed it.


Eclectic Red Barn: Black Entry Cabinet
I decided to just use the center part of the door handles instead of the all of the original handle.

I thought I had more pictures but I guess not and since I already sold it, I was out of luck. 

I did wonder why I waited so long to paint it? I guess we just get set in our ways and put it off. 
The post Updated Entry Cabinet first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
WYDTW 2016 ATHE SCOOP logoOh My Heartsie GirlInspire Me MondayDagmarBleasdale.com link partyParty in your PJs is a Tuesday evening link party that starts at 7:00 p.m. (Mountain time) through Sunday night at midnight. Come and join in the fun!showtellx640-1Wednesday AIM Link Party ButtonUp to Date InteriorHome Matters Linky Party - Grab Button

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...