FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Giving new life to a freebie!

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Giving new life to a freebie!

When we were in Vermont last month, I found this pot in a pile at a garage sale that was to be thrown out. I don't think it was used as a watering can, because there is no hole on the inside where the spout is. Maybe just some decorative piece.
Eclectic Red Barn: Wrapped in twine watering can

It was very rusty. Some how I managed to delete some pictures including  the picture of what the original pot looked like.  I have never stained a piece of metal, this was my first. I only did the spout and the top. It turned out great. I can't find that picture either. It is a shame, since the staining made a big difference.


You can see the bottom of the pot. This is kind of what the rest looked like only with more rust. I spray painted the top with clear varnish to keep it nice.
Eclectic Red Barn: Rusty watering can bottom
There are many ideas on Pinterest for wrapping flower pots and other containers with twine/jute. So I thought why not cover up the rest of it with twine. I used a glue gun and just wrapped and glued it around.
Eclectic Red Barn: Watering can wrapped in twine
It is amazing how a little twine and some stain can give new life to a tossed out piece.
Eclectic Red Barn: Twine wrapped container with crocheted tea towel
I decided not to put anything in it for now. It will be my first piece for fall. I guess I am a little behind, but when it is hot, it is hard to think of fall.
I added some fall type flowers in a chamber pot. It has a chip but I love it. I also have this chicken tea towel that is great.
Eclectic Red Barn:Tea towel with crocheted chickens
These little chickens are crocheted and stuffed with some filler to make them puffy. 
Eclectic Red Barn:Tea towel with crocheted chickens


My little vignette is probably not very fall like, but it is a start. I need to get busy.
The post Giving new life to a freebie first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.  

Linking to these parties:
The Chicken ChickLinkyMain2-04NEWDIYLargeButtonSay G'Day Linky Party {106} and How to Add your own Twitter Handle to Shareaholic. Inspire Me MondayThat DIY Party - autumnmunchmon-hosts (1)Project Inspired What a great idea

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...