It was very rusty. Some how I managed to delete some pictures including the picture of what the original pot looked like. I have never stained a piece of metal, this was my first. I only did the spout and the top. It turned out great. I can't find that picture either. It is a shame, since the staining made a big difference.
You can see the bottom of the pot. This is kind of what the rest looked like only with more rust. I spray painted the top with clear varnish to keep it nice.
There are many ideas on Pinterest for wrapping flower pots and other containers with twine/jute. So I thought why not cover up the rest of it with twine. I used a glue gun and just wrapped and glued it around.
It is amazing how a little twine and some stain can give new life to a tossed out piece.
I decided not to put anything in it for now. It will be my first piece for fall. I guess I am a little behind, but when it is hot, it is hard to think of fall.
I added some fall type flowers in a chamber pot. It has a chip but I love it. I also have this chicken tea towel that is great.
These little chickens are crocheted and stuffed with some filler to make them puffy.
My little vignette is probably not very fall like, but it is a start. I need to get busy.
Linking to these parties: