This year I made mango jam for the first time. It turned out great. As I am looking at all of these jars of mango jam, I thought what am I going to do with them? I began to look at recipes. I found this Easy Cream Cheese Danish over at Allrecipes that I liked and thought I could modify it to fit with my mango jam. Recipe is listed below.
You place a package of crescent rolls on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan, making sure to join the seams. It calls for lightly greasing the pan. Not sure if I would do this next time. Seemed a little buttery.
Next mix up the cream cheese layer. I didn't use all of it since I was adding the jam.
I put the mango jam on top of this layer. (forgot to take a picture with the jam on)
Finally, added the second layer of crescent rolls on top. This was a bit tricky because of the jam. Make sure the dough is cold.
Bake it for 25 -35 minutes. I baked mine for 25 and I think it could have used another 5 minutes. Let it cool and then frost.
You can make them with just cream cheese or use any type of jam that you like.
I sent them to my husband's work and they loved it. You might like to check out my mango cheese cake.
Easy Cream Cheese Danish
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, diced
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar mango jam (I used my homemade)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Line bottom of baking pan with 1 can of crescent rolls. Pinch all seams together to seal.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, white sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sour cream. Spread filling on top of rolls. Place second can of rolls on top of filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar, milk and butter. After danish has cooled, drizzle with icing.
Linking to these parties: