FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Mango Cheesecake

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Mango Cheesecake

Do you love mangoes? I do and they are in season. We could make smoothies, dice with other fruit, or make a delicious dessert. I vote for the dessert!


I wanted to make a mango cheesecake and after reading a ton of recipes, I decided to use one recipe and then modify it based on other recipes. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but fortunately it did.

Mango Cheesecake Slice
                                              

Now, I am not a big cheesecake fan, not sure why. I can't put my finger on it, it just isn't something I drool over. However, cheesecake is one of my husband's favorite dessert. So I wanted to make it for him.

This particular cheesecake is made with lots of cream cheese, a mango puree, and some additional chopped mangoes.


Mango Cheesecake

I didn't get a chance to take a picture before my husband had cut out a piece. What a stinker!  The rich golden color comes from the mango puree.

Cheesecake with mangoes

I liked the idea of adding some chopped mangoes in the batter. I made the pieces small so you would not bite into a large chunk.

Mango Cheesecake

My husband said this is his new favorite cheesecake. I sent some to work and gave some to neighbors. Everyone loved it. It doesn't have a strong mango flavor which I think was good. I had a small piece and I enjoyed it. Even my neighbor who doesn't like cheesecake either, tried it and liked it. 

Recipe                                                                       Print


Mango Cheesecake


Slice of Mango Cheesecake..jpg

Ingredients:

1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs

¼ cup sugar

¼ cup brown sugar

6 tablespoons butter, melted

3 large ripe mangoes (2 cups)

3 (8 oz. packages, cream cheese softened

1 1//4 cups sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 tablespoons cornstarch

Juice from one lime

Zest from one lime

4 large eggs

1 cup chopped mangoes

1-2 tablespoons flour

Directions:

  1. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a bowl; press into bottom and 1-inch up sides of a buttered, 9-inch spring form pan. Bake at 325º for 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside.
  2. Process mangoes in food processor until pureed. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1 1/4 cups sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, lime juice and lime zest until fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, mixing just until yellow disappears after each addition. Stir in mango puree.
  3. Mix 1 cup or more chopped mangoes with 1-2 tablespoons of flour to coat. Add to batter, stirring just to combine.
  4. Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake at 325º for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Cover and chill 8 hours. Garnish, if desired.


 



The post Mango Cheesecake first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
Inspire Me MondayMotivational Monday | Meet your hosts!Sundays Down Under #linkyparty @ Natasha in OzProject Inspire{d} Weekly Link Party Mondays at 8 p.m. EST #linkparty #projectinspired photo SimpleSupperTuesdayThe Kim Six FixWhat did you makeThursday Favorite Things ButtonHome Matters Linky Party - Grab Button My Flagstaff HomeBeing A Wordsmith


No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...