FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Jam Muffins

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Jam Muffins

Special mornings should not be stressful. Why not make a basketful of these yummy Jam Muffins for Easter and start the day off with a smile. How can the kids resist these scrumptious jam muffins - the adults too!
Jam Muffins


I found this recipe in a Redbook Magazine and decided to make them for my husband's office - still having meetings. (Only two more days!) I was concerned because it said the recipe made 12 muffins, however, I ended up with 26. I filled the muffin cups pretty full so I am not sure if it was a typo or they had really large muffin tins.

The cake part of the muffins is made from scratch. I use my Kitchen aid pro for almost all of my baking but there are some desserts that this tool just makes it better. The recipe calls for mixing the sugar and eggs for 3 - 5 minutes. I love to just turn it on and let it do the work. I think it makes the batter lighter than using a hand mixer, I usually get bored and don't want to mix it for the right amount of time. 

Once I had the batter done, I put about 2 tablespoons of batter into each paper cup. Next I added some jam. I used red raspberry jelly( it was all I had), but any kind of jam would work. 
muffins with jam centers
I added about a heaping teaspoon of jam. Next another couple of tablespoons of batter. It was at this point I realized I would be making more than 12 muffins. You can see I did not skimp on the batter - close to the top.
jam muffins ready for oven
My stove took 22 minutes to bake. They looked great but there was still icing to come.
Plate of Jam Muffins
We drink almond milk but this time hubby bought almond coconut milk so that is what I made the icing with.
Plate of Jam Muffins
 I was dying to see how the inside looked.
jam muffins
They looked yummy! I think the next time I will use jam since I like the pieces of fruit in it. The jelly was good, but I think jam would even be better. I might try cherry jam. Now that would be good. See, there is a very good reason to make them again.

Recipe                                                                     Print


Jam Muffins
Jam Muffins


Ingredients:
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. soda
¼ tsp. kosher salt


¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature

1 ½ cups sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cups sour cream
Jam, any kind

For the Glaze:
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
3-4 tbsp. whole milk
½ tsp. vanilla

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Spray muffin cups with nonstick spray or use paper liners.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, (or using a handheld mixer) cream butter and sugar together on medium-high until light and fluffy., 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the mixer down to low and add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.Add the vanilla and mix.
  4. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture in thirds, mixing until just combined. Add the sour cream and mix until combined.
  5. Scoop 2 tbsp of batter into each muffin cup and spread it over the bottom. Spoon 1 heaping tsp of jam into the center of each. Top with another 2 tbsp. of batter, making sure to cover jam.
  6. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown. the tops should be firm to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 15 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.
  7. To make the glaze: In a small bowl, mix the confectioner’s sugar, milk and vanilla. Generously drizzle glaze on the top of the muffins.
 

Enjoy!

 The post Jam Muffins first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
THE SCOOP #164-stonegableblog.comYour Whims Wednesday


No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...