FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Knotted Burlap Christmas Wreath

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Knotted Burlap Christmas Wreath

I was trying to decide what type of wreath to make for on the deck, hanging from the old window. I wanted to use materials that I already had so I looked through my stash. I had made a "burlap tied knot " banner for the 4th of July, if you missed that tutorial, you can find it here. So I thought I would try the same technique but only put them on a straw wreath instead of a banner.
Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap Tied Christmas Wreath


This was very easy to do, it just took some time to cut all of the burlap strips.
Eclectic Red Barn: Straw wreath
First I started with a straw wreath. Found this at a garage sale for 50 cents. I always pick them up when they are this cheap.
Eclectic Red Barn: Wrapping burlap around a straw wreath
Second, I wrapped the wreath in burlap ribbon that I had left over from another project. I used a pin to attach the end pieces to the wreath. 
Third, I cut my burlap strips - I used beige and red burlap. I didn't measure the strips, but they were around 4-5 inches in length and about an inch wide. You can make yours any size that suits you.  I tied them into knots and began adding them to the wreath.
Eclectic Red Barn: Adding burlap ties  to a straw wreath
I loved all the frayed ends and pieces. 

Fourth, I attached them at the top; angled them to the outside; and angled them to the inside. I started with the beige and added red ones as pops of color.Filling in were ever I needed to.
Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap Tied Christmas Wreath
You can see how it all came together.
Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap Tied Christmas Wreath
You can see from the side view that the entire wreath has been covered with burlap ties. Not the bottom of course.
Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap Tied Christmas Wreath
I added some holly and my porch window was ready for the holidays. This wreath was a fun and easy project to make with supplies I had on hand. You could use any Christmas fabric and could even decorate it. The possibilities are endless.


ThePinJunkie

Linking to these parties:
 Fluster BusterInline image 2Ivy and ElephantsThe Real Creative Life Link Partythursday favorite things blog hopRooted In ThymeAll Things Thursday Blog HopHoliday Linky Party Button{nifty button}Shabbilicious-Friday ChristmasInspire Me Mondaybig inspiration monday


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...