FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Knotted Burlap Christmas Wreath

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Knotted Burlap Christmas Wreath

I was trying to decide what type of wreath to make for on the deck, hanging from the old window. I wanted to use materials that I already had so I looked through my stash. I had made a "burlap tied knot " banner for the 4th of July, if you missed that tutorial, you can find it here. So I thought I would try the same technique but only put them on a straw wreath instead of a banner.
Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap Tied Christmas Wreath


This was very easy to do, it just took some time to cut all of the burlap strips.
Eclectic Red Barn: Straw wreath
First I started with a straw wreath. Found this at a garage sale for 50 cents. I always pick them up when they are this cheap.
Eclectic Red Barn: Wrapping burlap around a straw wreath
Second, I wrapped the wreath in burlap ribbon that I had left over from another project. I used a pin to attach the end pieces to the wreath. 
Third, I cut my burlap strips - I used beige and red burlap. I didn't measure the strips, but they were around 4-5 inches in length and about an inch wide. You can make yours any size that suits you.  I tied them into knots and began adding them to the wreath.
Eclectic Red Barn: Adding burlap ties  to a straw wreath
I loved all the frayed ends and pieces. 

Fourth, I attached them at the top; angled them to the outside; and angled them to the inside. I started with the beige and added red ones as pops of color.Filling in were ever I needed to.
Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap Tied Christmas Wreath
You can see how it all came together.
Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap Tied Christmas Wreath
You can see from the side view that the entire wreath has been covered with burlap ties. Not the bottom of course.
Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap Tied Christmas Wreath
I added some holly and my porch window was ready for the holidays. This wreath was a fun and easy project to make with supplies I had on hand. You could use any Christmas fabric and could even decorate it. The possibilities are endless.


ThePinJunkie

Linking to these parties:
 Fluster BusterInline image 2Ivy and ElephantsThe Real Creative Life Link Partythursday favorite things blog hopRooted In ThymeAll Things Thursday Blog HopHoliday Linky Party Button{nifty button}Shabbilicious-Friday ChristmasInspire Me Mondaybig inspiration monday

11 comments :

  1. Love it! I love the dimension you added with doing red, it totally pops. Great job Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way this looks...I've burlap crazy & wreath crazy.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't beat a straw wreath for 50 cents, This turned out really great. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this very rustic and what I consider very pretty
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tutorial and beautiful wreath. Thanks for linking up at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beverly! Your Knotted Burlap Christmas Wreath is one of the Top Features from last week's Sweet Wednesday Link Party! Stop by My Sweet Mission and grab a featured button: http://www.my-sweet-mission.com/2013/12/top-features-from-swlp-13.html

    Thanks for linking up last week and hope to see you again tomorrow night!

    Hugs,
    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love me a burlap wreath! Your's turned out so cute! Thank you for sharing it at to What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This wreath is so cute. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above’s Link Party. Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wreath is so pretty! Thanks for sharing this great project at The Pin Junkie. It was featured in this week’s Christmas craft roundup. http://www.thepinjunkie.com/2013/12/christmas-crafts-and-printables.html I hope you’ll stop by to grab a featured button and share your best Christmas recipes at tonight’s party for another chance to be featured! Wishing you very happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...