FFf Eclectic Red Barn: What to do with a Swiffer container?

Monday, January 26, 2015

What to do with a Swiffer container?

I don't use the Swiffer too often, it is more my husband's idea. I tend to use one were I can wash the pad instead of tossing it away. I guess if he wants to clean the floors, then I should be grateful and I am. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Swiffer container

Now he has used these in the past to hold some of his things in the garage.
The other day as I was organizing my bathroom, I needed something that could hold  my skin products. I looked for a basket at the store, but none really seemed to work. When I came home, I came through the garage and there it was. I took it into the bathroom and it was just the right size. 

It looked rather stupid in its original state just sitting on my counter. I took off the label, but still not something I wanted to use. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Swiffer container with label removed

How to make it look better. Out to the garage for some paint. I had some green paint so I did the inside and around the edges.
Eclectic Red Barn: Swiffer container painted green
 It still needed something, so I found this paper.
Eclectic Red Barn: post script paper
I cut it into pieces and using Mod Podge, added the paper around the sides and overlapped onto the bottom.
Eclectic Red Barn: Swiffer container painted and decorated
I  usually keep my skin supplies under the sink, but wanted to be able to have all of them together and be able to sit them on the counter when I used them. This container works great.
Eclectic Red Barn: Decorated Swiffer container with skin products
I had the paint on hand and the paper was 10 cents on
close out. Pretty cheap for a container and doesn't look too bad on my counter if need be.
Eclectic Red Barn: Decorated Swiffer container with skin products on counter
My husband could not believe it was a Swiffer container until I showed him the inside. I love being able to recycle containers into something useful.
Eclectic Red Barn: Before and after decorated Swiffer container
These containers have lids so I will be thinking of other possibilities.

Linking to these parties:
Project Inspire{d} Weekly Link Party Mondays at 8 p.m. EST #linkparty #projectinspiredTreasure Box Tuesday A Stroll Thru LifeWhat did you makeGreat Ideaswow-me_thumb1_thumb1Ivy and ElephantsThursday Favorite Things Buttoncook itThe Dedicated HouseRooted In ThymeThrifty Thursday SquareCraft Frenzy FridaybuttonEmbracing Change Inspire Me Monday>A Stroll Thru LifeDomesblissity

1 comment :

  1. I have two of them and would feel guilty if I just tossed them. Great idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...