What kind of cookies does a box of Jiffy mix make?
Glad you asked - Lemon-Lime Cornbread Cookies. Are you shaking your head, wondering what that might taste like? I thought the same thing, but the idea was there so I had to make them.
I was so surprised at the outcome.
Look at those mouth watering goodies.
The original recipe called for limes, but since I had key limes, I used them instead. It gives these cookies a nice tartness.
Lemon-Lime Cornbread Cookies
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup plus 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 large egg
1 Tablespoon each lemon and lime/key lime zest
2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
2 Teaspoons each lemon and lime/key lime juice, plus more if needed
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and ½ cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
- Add the zests and cornbread mix and beat until just combined.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough into the prepared pans at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake until flat and just set (the cookies should not brown) 8 to 10 minutes. (I cooked mine for 10 min)
- Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Meanwhile, stir together the remaining 1 cup of powdered sugar and 2 tsp. Of each juice (if the icing is too thick, stir in more juice).
- Drizzle the tops of the cookies with the glaze; let set.
Makes about 40 cookies.
The post Jiffy Lemon Cornbread Cookies first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.
Linking to these parties: