Although there were four of them, only two were in really good shape.
The bottoms of the chairs were in great shape but the backs had a few issues. You can see that a few of the pieces were broken.
I took long strips from the other chairs and rewove them into the backs of the other two chairs and secured them with glue. I used clamps to hod them in place until the glue dried.
It wasn't hard to do and after it dried, it was sturdy. I decided to paint the chairs black. It took about 4-5 cans (total) of spray paint to get them completely covered.
Although I loved the plain chairs after I painted them, I decided to make cushions for the chairs.
I found this fabric at Hobby Lobby on clearance -
Although the two pieces are separates, they look great together. Here is the completed set. I am going to sell them at the next garage sale.
It is always so satisfying to pull something out of the garbage and give it new life. The hardest part of this project was spray painting everything.
Linking to these parties: