FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Transforming a Cabinet from the Junk Pile

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Transforming a Cabinet from the Junk Pile

If you follow me, you know that we have bulk pickup here every month. A couple of months ago, I found this one nearby.
Eclectic Red Barn: Original cabinet from junk pile
It needed so much help, but of course, I like the challenge.

My husband, just gave me that look (like I am crazy).


Eclectic Red Barn: Dirty inside of cabinet

It must have been setting out since it was so filthy. The inside was the worst.


Eclectic Red Barn: Dirty inside of cabinet

Something sticky was also there. I turned the hose on it. I had no choice.


Eclectic Red Barn: Dirty drawer of cabinet

The top shelf was sticky and there was sand in it as well. I have not mentioned the color of the original cabinet! Pinkish/purplish something!


Eclectic Red Barn: Cabinet before taking the top off

I didn't like the top of the cabinet which was funny because that was the only part my husband liked. Go figure. While he was at work, off came the top. I knew I could use it in more places with the top off.

It was not easy to get it off. There were screws everywhere. I finally got it off, but it left a number of marks on the top.
Eclectic Red Barn: Cabinet top after removing the top
I sanded and sanded. Then I had to use some filler and more sanding.

(I seem to have deleted the pictures of fixing and painting the cabinet, sorry)

I painted it with Anne Sloane Antique White and added the clear wax.

It turned out great and even my husband liked it. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Finished Cabinet painted white


I had some knobs that were off of my sons cabinet when he was a little boy. They were white porcelain, perfect for this cabinet.
Eclectic Red Barn: Finished Cabinet with porcelain knobs

Eclectic Red Barn: Finished Cabinet with porcelain knobs


Eclectic Red Barn: Finished Cabinet with porcelain knobs


Eclectic Red Barn: Finished Cabinet with porcelain knobs


Eclectic Red Barn: Finished Cabinet with porcelain knobs


It now sits in my front entry. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Finished cabinet in front entry

Here is the before and after of this junk pile cabinet.
Eclectic Red Barn: Before and After of junk pile cabinet




Sundays Best Featured BloggerWednesday AIM Link Party Featured Button

Linking to these parties:
What did you makeCCBG-PartyLogoOh-My-Heartsie-Girls-WW 200x200This Is How We Roll Link PartyPhotobucketEmbracing Change Pieced PastimesThink Tank ThursdayRp share it one more time new logo with bird barb and i update.jpgHome Matters Linky Party - Grab Buttonapinchofjoy.comMother 2 Mother BlogThat-DIY-Party-link-party-buttonmade by you mondayinspiration-galore-badget-main1Inspire Me MondayGreat Ideas are found at the Creative Muster Party! Join us and other talented bloggers for some fun, food and inspiration!wow-me_thumb1_thumb1>Cooking and Crafting with J & J Link UpMoonlight and Mason Jars ButtonClassical HomemakingParty in Your PJsTalk of the Town link party buttonartsy-fartsy mamaWednesday AIM Link Party ButtonBlog Link PartiesFridays Furniture Fix Logo Graphic

1 comment :

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...