FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Decorating on the Cheap!

Monday, December 15, 2014

Decorating on the Cheap!

I told you last week about trying to decorate our other home for Christmas on the cheap with my JOY banner made from vintage doilies. I am here today to show you another idea for Christmas decor - my book page banners. These book page banners are not new since you can find them all over Pinterest. However, when you are trying not to spend too much money on decorations and have old books - they are a perfect fit.
Eclectic Red Barn: Noel book banner


Our living room and dining room are open to one another and there are three windows along this wall.  A large in the dining room and two smaller windows in the living room. I just have sheer drapes on the windows.

Eclectic Red Barn: Book banners
I have lots of green vegetation outside my dining room window. Actually, there is a lot of vegetation everywhere.
Eclectic Red Barn: Peace book banner
For the banners, I took some pages from a book and then cut the points at the bottom. I didn't measure, just eyeballed it.

I had a package of letters that I got at Walmart and used them with a black magic marker to create the words. Then I punched holes at the top and strung them onto cording. Easy and cheap.  

Here are the dressed windows on either side of my JOY banner.
Eclectic Red Barn: Book banners and JOY banner
I placed a sprig of berries at the top, that I purchased at the end of last year, and the windows were ready for the holidays.
Eclectic Red Barn: Peace banner and JOY banner
I actually love how simple this project was and how lovely it made the windows look.

 I have had this piece of furniture for a long time. It is actually a bar. I can be locked and when opened, and turned around,  it has shelves and you can stand behind it and serve drinks. I just put it there, not sure what I am going to do with it yet.

So far the house is getting in the Christmas spirit. Still more decorating to come.

Grab button for GREEN wILLOW POND
The post Decorating on the Cheap first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
Inspire Me Monday31 Days to Slash Your Budget PainlesslyIvy and ElephantsThursday Favorite Things ButtonEmbracing Change Creativity Unleashed link party!From The Farm Blog HopThe Pin Junkie

1 comment :

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...