FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Spots on your brushed nickel faucets?

Monday, July 15, 2013

Spots on your brushed nickel faucets?

Do you get spots on your brushed nickel faucets? Well, I do. I love the finish of brushed nickel but it seemed like I could never get the spots off. It drove me crazy!

Eclectic Red Barn: How to clean brushed nickel faucets
I tried everything and nothing seemed to work. When I cleaned my bathroom, my faucets didn't look good.

Eclectic Red Barn: How to clean brushed nickel faucets

When I went to purchase my new kitchen faucet, I wanted brushed nickel but was reluctant because of the spots. The gentleman helping me told me to use this product. I was amazed, but decided to buy the brushed nickel.

Now my faucets look like this:
Eclectic Red Barn: Brushed nickel faucet after WD-40

 So what is this amazing product? WD-40
Yes, can you believe it? 
Eclectic Red Barn: WD-40
I just spray it on the faucets and wipe them. Sometimes I spray it on a rag and then clean them.
Eclectic Red Barn: Brushed nickel faucet after WD-40

Here is my before and after shots. It is a little difficult to see how well this works, but if you have brushed nickel, you know what I mean. Give it a try!
Eclectic Red Barn: Before and after Brushed Nickel faucets
Now I could stop there, but WD-40 is also great on stainless steel appliances. It makes them look like new. Once a week I get the WD-40 and clean all of my appliances and faucets.
Linking to these parties: 
Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty MomGive Me the Goods Mondaynewmarvelousmondays buttonOne Project at a Time Link party - ABFOLOur DelightfulHomeAdorned From Above Blog HopReal Family Fun Link Partykatherines cornerAll Things Thursday Blog Hop


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...