Liebster Blog AwardI am so excited to have my blog nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Reecea @ Fresh Juniper
Liebster Award Rules:
1. Thank the Liebster Award nominator on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs that has 200 followers or less whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Be sure to leave them a comment on their blog to let them know about it.
5. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. It is an award, so show it off!
Questions From the Nominator:
1.Why did you start blogging?
When I retired two years ago, I was finally able to work on many projects that I did not seem to get finished while working. As I was checking out blogs online, I thought why not start my own and contribute some of my crafts and ideas.
2. If you could eat lunch anywhere in the world, where would you eat and what would you have for lunch?
That is a tough one, I have traveled to so many places. Probably this small restaurant in London. Can't remember the name, but when I lived there, they made the best fish and chips ever.
3. Who, what, and or where does your blogging inspiration come from?
Another tough question. Most of the time it comes from me, but I am also inspired from other bloggers. I have always had a creative mind and it never seems to sleep.
4. How do you handle a stressful day?
When I worked I would have answered this differently, but since I have retired, I can't say that I am stressed. My days are usually so happy. The only stress I might feel is not having enough time in the day to get everything done.
5. What is one thing you hope your children remember about you?
That I loved them with all my heart.
6. What is your favorite go to recipe?
That would have to be my Mexican casserole. It is awesome.
7. What is your favorite quote?
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt (she is one of my most admired people)
8. What project(s) are you working on right now?
Up-cycling a set of bunk beds into benches, creating garden art, redoing a ladder back chair
9. What is the best thing about you
I love to help others in any way I can.
10. Will you follow the bloggers that you nominate for this award?
Of course, I am following most of them already.
11. What makes you giggle?
My husband, he always makes me smile and giggle.
Questions for the Nominee:
1. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
2. Who is your favorite author?
3. If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
4. If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
5. What makes you happy?
6. Are you an inside or outdoors person?
7. What is your favorite dessert?
8. What advice would you give to other first time bloggers?
9. What would be your ideal vacation?
10. If you have pets, what kind?
11. What craft or projects do you like to do?
Things About Me:
1. I love to run. Competed in a 5K run and won the 50+ category (I am 65) Hey!
2. I have my doctorate
3. I love to read
4. I am a great cook, at least my husband thinks so
5. I had my pilots license but have let it expire
6. I have lived in London, Switzerland and Saudi Arabia
7. I used to speak and write Arabic fluently, but since I don't have any reason to use it now, I have lost a lot of it.
8. I have two homes, one in Davie and one north of Orlando, Fl.
9. I belong to Bonaventure Catholic Church
10. I love bird watching and have travel to many areas to do so
11. I am an outdoors person - hate to be inside
1. My Place 4 Tea
2. Deborah @ Ramshackle Romance
3. Katie @ Let's Add Sprinkles
4. Andrea @ The Simple Craft Diaries
5. Christine @ Little Brags
6. Beverley @ Bunny's Girl
7. Melanie @ Adventures in Country Living
8. Crochet by the Sea
9. Nell @ Moments in MapleGlen
10. Leanne @ MandaBurms FarmStay