When I bought groceries at the beginning of the month, they had BOGO on these boneless pork chops. I divided them into 2 pork chops each. I had some feta and spinach left so what to make. I found this recipe over at My Recipes. I made a few changes to the original recipe for these Greek inspired chops.
I used fresh spinach instead of frozen. I just added large hand fulls to the pan until I thought I had enough. It really wilts down. I also used some stone ground mustard and a little Dijon mustard together. You can see the little seeds on the chops.
The recipe says to broil the chops on both sides. I wanted to make sure they were cooked, so I baked them for 10 minutes and then broiled them on each side. They were cooked and still moist.
I think this recipe would be great with boneless chicken as well. Might try that next time. Bon Appétit
Pork Chops Stuffed with Feta and Spinach
- Cooking spray
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Fresh spinach, large hand fulls (could use frozen, make sure to thaw and drain)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 garlic cloves; saute 1 minute. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and spinach; saute until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each pork chop to form a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 cup spinach mixture into each pocket.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper over pork.
- Arrange pork on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with cooking spray; place rack in pan. Combine remaining 2 garlic cloves, juice, mustard, and oregano in a bowl; stir well. Brush half of mustard mixture over pork.
- Bake for 10 minutes; turn baste with remaining mixture and cook another 5 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and cook for 3-4 minutes or until done.
Lining to these parties: