FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Paper Doillies, Burlap and Lace

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Paper Doillies, Burlap and Lace

I am trying to get back in the groove after being in Vermont for 10 days with my grand kids. The doxies want a lot of attention and there are many things to do to get ready for my trip to LA on Friday to see my daughter. Whew!

I was cleaning up my dining room table where I have a tendency to place project or potential project materials. More on this table than I care to show you!
But as I began to organize, these paper lace doilies caught my eye. What could I do with them? Flowers? Ta Da!
Eclectic Red Barn: Paper lace doilies, burlap and lace flowers

I got these paper doilies at Big Lots for 59 cents. Now that was a bargain! I purchased the old iron last week at a garage sale for $4. Love old irons.
Eclectic Red Barn: Paper Doilies
I just folded them in half and pinched them together. I used the 6 1/2 inch ones in the center and the 4 1/2 inch ones surrounding those. Once I had them pinched together, I wrapped some wire around the ends to hold them. 

Next, I cut out a circle from some burlap, not sure the size, around 6-7 inches. Just free hand did it. I frayed the ends and put the wire through the center of the circle and then secured the burlap to the paper doilies. 

I thought it still needed something, so I hot glued some lace to the burlap. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Paper lace doilies, burlap and lace flowers
 I thought these would be great using different colored burlap and paper lace doilies. Some fall ones would be nice. I just bought some orange burlap. They would be great for fall.
Now where did I put the orange burlap?

After I had taken some pictures of this lace, burlap flower, I set it on my blue painted watering can from a previous post. 
It looks good there too. I am sure I can find many places to use it. 
 Eclectic Red Barn: Paper lace doilies, burlap and lace flowers on blue watering can
I didn't get as much organized as I should have, but I had fun creating this flower. Sometimes, it is just the little things that count.


Hope you have fun organizing today!
Linking to these parties:
One More Time EventsSuburbsmama..Twigg studiosThe Chicken Chick{nifty button}partyInspire Me MondayMarvelous Mondays Link Party at This Gal CooksMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaOur DelightfulHomeYour Whims WednesdayThursday Favorite Things weekly Blog HopReal Family Fun Wednesdays at The Real Thing with the Coake FamilyPractically Functional Link PartyLife on Lakeshore DriveNEWButton


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...