FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Cotton on a Tree?

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Cotton on a Tree?

We were on a golf cart ride with the dogs and came across this tree. I had not seen one of these before. It seems to have many names: cotton tree, silk cotton tree, and Kapok tree are some of them. 

Eclectic Red Barn: Cotton Tree

It had all of these cotton balls on it and remnants of cotton on the ground.
Eclectic Red Barn: Cotton scattered on the ground.

The cotton balls were silky in texture. This one even had the seeds still attached.
Eclectic Red Barn: Cotton ball with seeds

I used it on the tray when I created my Farmhouse Vignette. 

Some of the cotton ball was very stiff. It reminded me of a rabbit's foot. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Cotton ball part that looks like a rabbits foot

They must grow inside a shell and then emerge since you can see the seed parts on some of the ones up in the tree.

Eclectic Red Barn: Cotton balls on the tree breaking out of shell

I have seen cotton growing before, but never up in a tree. My first experience. It is always interesting and exciting to experience new things and this was new to me. 

Isn't nature wonderful? Do you have any cotton trees where you live? Have you ever seen one? 
The post Cotton on a Tree? first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
Busy Monday 263logoInspire Me MondayThe Happy Now Blog Link-Up; Tuesdays on JENerally Informed and From Playdates to Parties!Making a Homemaking LinkyShare Crafts - From Dream To Reality photo TWTbasic_zpsy3tbxehg.jpgBrag About It Link Party BannerThis Is How We Roll Link PartyClassical HomemakingDIY Vintage ChicBlog Link PartiesHome Matters Linky Party - Grab Button photo handmade hangout- small logo AGI 3_zpscbsuugus.jpgFuntastic-Friday-Link-Party-Thumbnail-150x

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...