These cookies are moist and chewy. Just the way chocolate chip cookies should be. You can make large ones or smaller ones like I did.
I think they turn out so much better if you put them in the fridge for several hours before bakiing. While I am baking, I keep the rest in the fridge until I need it.
These just might be my best chocolate chip cookies ever. Maybe you will agree.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oatmeal and Pecans
· 1/2 cup rolled oats
· 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
· 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 cup unsalted butter (two sticks), softened
· 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
· 3/4 cup granulated sugar
· 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
· 2 large eggs
· 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
· 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. In a small mixing bowl, add the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
2. To a medium-sized mixing bowl, add butter, both sugars. Cream together using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice and eggs. Mix until you have a smooth mixture. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the bottom of the bowl with a spatula.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula, being careful not to overmix. Drop in the chocolate chips and pecans and mix until both are evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough. Again, be careful not to overmix or they will have a cake-like texture.
4. Freeze or refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2 to 4 hours or overnight. Using a large ice cream scoop (3 tablespoons or you can use a medium-sized one to make even more cookies), scoop cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet.
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cookie dough portions onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat at least 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart. Bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until desired doneness (for smaller cookies, bake for 12 to 13 minutes).
6. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack if storing. Store in a sealed container.
Linking to these parties: