Some Ice Cream Facts:
1. The U.S. eats more ice cream than any other country. The average American eats about 20 quarts of ice cream a year. New Zealand is second and Australia is third.
2. The first ice cream parlor opened in New York in 1776.
3. It takes 5.8 pounds of whole milk and one pound of cream to make one gallon of ice cream.
4. 98% of Americans have ice cream in their freezer at any given time.
5. An average dairy cow can produce enough milk in her lifetime to make a little over 9,000 gallons of ice cream.
6. The waffle ice cream cone was reportedly invented at the World's Fair in St. Louis, MO in 1904.
7. July is national Ice Cream Month.
8. In Canada, more ice cream is sold in the winter months than in the summer.
9. The most popular ice cream flavor is vanilla.
Do you love ice cream? What is your favorite flavor.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Pie
1 pouch Betty Crocker double chocolate chip cookie mix
⅓ cup butter, softened
½ cup hot fudge topping
1 qt. (4 cups) chocolate chip ice cream, slightly softened
- Blend cookie mix, butter, and 2 tbls. Water; reserve ½ cup dough.
- Press remaining dough into greased and floured 9” pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown on edge.
- Cool on rack 10 minutes.
- Roll reserved dough into ½ “ balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet; press slightly to flatten.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 6 to 8 minutes or until set.
- Spoon about ¼ cup fudge topping onto bottom crust. Spoon ice cream into crust. Place cookies into ice cream at angles.
- Microwave remaining ¼ cup fudge topping uncovered 30 seconds on high; drizzle over pie.
- Freeze at least 2 hours.
The post Double Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.
Linking to these parties: