Do you ever have that problem?
- I used to put the remaining loaf in the freezer, but then I usually end up throwing it out later.
I hate wasting food, what about you?
So here is how I deal with a loaf of bread when there is only two of you.
Bought this loaf of bread at Walmart yesterday on their oops - made too much cart. Only 30 cents! (You can use any type of bread)
Sliced it up into pieces.
Laid it on a tray and placed it in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
Placed the slices in freezer bags.
Now for the best part:
- you want to make some garlic bread - pull out some slices
- you want to make French toast - pull out some slices
- you want to make regular toast - pull out some slices
- you can make bread crumbs - pull out some slices
Are you getting the idea - pull out some slices
This is also a great idea for camping. I put some slices in a freezer bag and when we are camping, I have bread for toast, French toast, garlic bread or what ever else I need bread for.
When cooking for two - that 30 cent loaf will last a long time and will not go to waste.You can cook for two, just be smart about it.
The post Cooking for two - what to do with a loaf of bread? first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.
Linking to these parties: