FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Easy Chicken Stuffed with String Cheese

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Easy Chicken Stuffed with String Cheese

Here is a quick and easy meal that is sure to please everyone. Chicken and string cheese, how can you go wrong. I had great ideas about dinner last night, but one thing lead to another and before I knew it, my husband was home from work. I had two chicken breasts and it seemed like everything I wanted to make, I didn't have all the ingredients. I did have string cheese, so that's what I used.
chicken stuffed with string cheese
Sorry that these are not the greatest images. My husband, kept saying, "can we eat now?"  
I started by pounding out the chicken. Once it was thin enough, I laid some string cheese in the center.
pounded chicken with string cheese
Ideally, you want to be able to close the chicken around the string cheese and secure with tooth picks.

I rolled the chicken breasts in Italian bread crumbs and then browned them in some oil on both sides. 

Then I placed the chicken breasts in a pan in the oven on 350 for about 25 minutes. They came out golden brown.
String cheese stuffed chicken
Although some of the string cheese had melted out, most of it was still inside the chicken.
String cheese stuffed chicken
After I had cut into the chicken, I was mad at myself for not putting in some basil. That would have been good. There is always the next time. You could add so many ingredients with the string cheese. What would you have added?

It was a fast and easy dinner. Love those kind of meals.

Linking to these parties:
Kenarry: Ideas for the HomeDixie Delights Sundays Down UnderThat DIY Party summer link party button300px+turn+it+up+button+copy

 

2 comments :

  1. Next time instead of Italian bread crumbs. Try herb shake and bake! Family absolutely loves this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if they can be done in an air fryer the same way?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...