I had a lot of shells that I had collected but no wreath base to put them on. Then last month I found this wreath at a garage sale, it was rather pathetic but cheap. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was my sea shell wreath.
I removed all of the flowers, now that took awhile!!I just started to hot glue the shells on the wreath. I placed the larger ones on first and then began to fill in with the smaller ones.
I did save the starfish ones to place on top. I did not collect them but found them in with some other goodies I bought at a garage sale. Not even sure when! I placed one at the top and one at the bottom.
We found some shells that had barnacles on them. (I think that is what they are).
I also added some tiny flowers around for additional color.
I thought it would make a nice springtime wreath on my front door. That was before the temperatures jumped up to summer time ones. Oh well, it's Florida and we have lots of sea shells.
This project cost a total of 25 cents - cost of the wreath. I guess I should also add the cost of the glue sticks - maybe a dollars worth. I like to change up the door and for $1.25 this one works for now.
Linking to these parties: