FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Fixing messed up paint jobs

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fixing messed up paint jobs

Did you ever spray paint something and you got it on something else? Well, I have. It is amazing how far spray paint can fan out. So you try picking at it or use steel wool or your own method to lean it off.
Eclectic Red Barn: Use Krud Kutter to clean up unwanted paint
Look at all the black spray paint that landed on my lamp.

That is how I use to clean those messed up paint jobs until I discovered Krud Kutter.  I was at Home Depot a couple of years ago and managed to get paint on me - checking out some boo boo paints.(The ones where they mixed the wrong color and now are cheap) The guy who worked there sprayed Krud Kutter on my hands and poof, it was gone.  Needless to say , I bought some for myself. This is not a paid post, I just love this stuff and wanted to pass it along to you.
Eclectic Red Barn: Krud Kutter

Originally, I used it just to clean my hands. Then one day, I got paint on some trim that I thought we were taking down, turned out we didn't. I tried several products with no success, and then remembered the Krud Kutter. It took it all off. From then on, it was my go to product when I paint.

So the other day, I was spray painting parts of a lamp. I had taped everything off well and it went fine. When it was dry, I took off the stuff that protected the other parts.
Eclectic Red Barn: Use Krud Kutter to clean up unwanted spray paint

That was a mistake, since I decided to quickly spray paint some small pumpkins. What I didn't realize is how far the spray can carry.  I went to take the lamp inside and noticed the black paint flecks on the white parts. Oh, yuck!!

                    I sprayed it with Krud Kutter and it all come off. It is a little hard to see, very overcast today.
Eclectic Red Barn: Krud Kutter cleaned up the black spray paint
On another piece, a table top, I wanted to put strips on the top. Not sure if my tape was old or my paint, but it was a mess. I hated it. 
Eclectic Red Barn:Brown grain sack stripes on table top

Now what. I tried to touch it up but that didn't work. I slept on it and remembered the Krud Kutter. I sprayed it on and rubbed the paint. 
Eclectic Red Barn:Brown grain sack stripes sprayed with Krud Kutter

It broke up the paint.
Eclectic Red Barn: Krud Kutter cleaning up the brown stripes
 It came off. There was a slight cast, but I went back and sanded the top and it was fine.
Eclectic Red Barn: Krud Kutter cleaned most of the brown stripes

 Once it was sanded, no sign of the stripes. Yeah!!
Eclectic Red Barn: Table sanded after using Krud Kutter and stripes are gone

So the next time you paint something and you don 't like the outcome, or paint something by mistake, like me, try Krud Kutter.

It is still great for your hands too.

The post Fixing messed up paint jobs first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
Linky PartyIvy and Elephantswow-me_thumb1_thumb1Serenity Saturday Link PartyNEWDIYLargeButton
That DIY Party @diyshowoff.comsundaysbestlinkuGrab button for GREEN wILLOW POND



No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...