FFf Eclectic Red Barn: California style breakfast

Sunday, October 12, 2014

California style breakfast

Not really sure if this egg dish is "California style" or not, but that is what my husband called it. I am here in LA visiting my daughter and she spots an egg dish on Pinterest that looks good. We all agreed, but since the only ingredient we had that was in the recipe was eggs, I had to make substitutions for the rest. Funny how adding a few other ingredients and voila a new creation. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Breakfast eggs with tofu, kale, Gruyere, and avocadocado

The great part of cooking for me is that you can change up any recipe to make it your own. I used to be reluctant to modify a recipe but once you have done it, it gets easier. The worst case scenario is no one likes it and you throw it out. Even Julia Child had some failures, so why not try.

However, this one was no failure . Yummy and healthy at the same time.
Eclectic Red Barn: Eggs with tofu, kale and avocado
I had a package of organic tofu from Trader Joe's that was marinated and baked. I still browned it for a few minutes. (I only used half of the tofu.)
Added 6 scrambled eggs, some Kale and grated Gruyere cheese.

Before serving, I grated some additional Gruyere cheese and added some sliced avocado.
Eclectic Red Barn: Scrambled eggs with tofu, kale and avocado
My daughter thought it was the best breakfast ever. I think she just enjoyed the fact that Mom cooked it. 

It is one of those recipes that you could make changes easily. Replace tofu with ham, sausage or bacon. Leave out the Kale and add asparagus or broccoli.  Change the type of cheese. You get the drift. Make it your own!

I will try to put a recipe together.

Scrambled Eggs with Tofu and Avocado 

Ingredients:
4 - 6 eggs depending on the number of people
Milk for the eggs
Organic Tofu (any meat of your choice)
Kale - a handful
Gruyere cheese 
Avocado slices

Directions:
1. Brown the tofu or meat. 
2. Beat eggs with milk and add to the tofu.
3. Grate in Gruyere or favorite cheese and cook.
4. Grate additional cheese on top and add avocado slices.

The post California style breakfast first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
NEWDIYLargeButtonInspire Me Monday at Create With JoySerenity Saturday : 151

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...