FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Hobby Lobby Copy

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hobby Lobby Copy

Last month when I was in Hobby Lobby they had some of their summer Decor on sale.  I spotted this watering can. I loved the chevron pattern and the blue color. I can't remember how much it was, I think around $20.
Eclectic Red Barn: Hobby Lobby Watering Can

As I was looking at it, I remembered that I had purchased a watering can a while back. Maybe I could make it over.


I like the chevron pattern, but didn't want to paint it so I looked for paper. I found this paper at Hobby Lobby for 30 cents each  - bought two sheets. I can put them on my watering can.
Eclectic Red Barn: Hobby Lobby chevron paper

Here is the watering can I bought.
Eclectic Red Barn: Watering Can
I like the rustic look, but decided to clean it up. It has some trim on it, but I had no idea that it was brass until I was cleaning it. I got out my trusty Bar Keepers, I posted about how great this stuff is here. Wow, was I amazed at the outcome. Look at the difference in the bottom band.
Eclectic Red Barn: Watering Can brass band

Once it was all cleaned up, I sprayed it with clear lacquer to protect it.
Eclectic Red Barn: Watering Can cleaned with Bar Keeper's
The paper was not going to work whole, so I decided to cut the chevron strips out. This probably seems silly, but I do things like that sometimes. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Watering Can before and after
With the stripes cut, I used Mod Podge to adhere them to the can. I left a gap between the strips so the metal would show through.

I needed to use almost two strips to go around the can. I don't know about you, but it seems that when I am working with Mod Podge and paper, my fingers get the Mod Podge on them and then I am pulling the paper off as I try to smooth down the paper as I am moving to the next row. So I put on one row at a time and let it dry before moving to the next row.
Eclectic Red Barn: Watering Can with two strips of chevron paper
Here it is with all the chevron rows added.
Eclectic Red Barn: Watering Can Mod Podge with of chevron paper

I put it on my red step ladder for some photos. It is among some of my plants out front. I love how it turned out.
Eclectic Red Barn: Watering Can with of chevron  on red ladder
Here is my before and after chevron watering can.
Eclectic Red Barn: Watering Can before and after


The post Hobby Lobby Copy first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
That DIY Party @diyshowoff.comNEWDIYLargeButtonAdorned From AboveFluster BusterYour Whims Wednesdaywow-me_thumb1Ivy and ElephantsThrifty Thursday SquareInspire Us Thursday at Organized 31The Chicken ChickLife on Lakeshore Drive blog buttonInspire Me MondaySay G'Day Saturday Linky Party {98} ~ THE Weekend Blog Hop to Share YOUR Creations!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...