They weren't in bad shape except for the fact that the seat was gone. Does that count?
I grabbed the two of them and loaded them into the golf cart. I don't have an original picture with some of the cane still in the seat. I was anxious to get started.
This one had some issues with the back, but glue fixed that. Once I removed all of the cane, the holes were left and I thought this would be a great way to add some wire to hold the planter instead of placing a plant container into the hole.
Now paint. I painted the chairs grey. I used this grey on my rockers out front. Looking good already.
I had this 16 gauge wire that I use for all sorts of projects, since it will not rust.
I used an old wire basket that I got out of junk as well. I looped the wire through the holes and around the basket. The dogs enjoy when I am working outside. Such great helpers!
I added the coco liner and it was ready for soil and plants.
I picked zinnias and vincas.
This mum plant is actually from last fall. I left them in the pots and pretty much let them die. I was going to pull them out and plant something new, when I noticed that it was growing. I just assumed that I would get a couple of leaves and that would be it. Instead, they are gorgeous.
From now on, I am not going to pay attention to them. Maybe that is the secret!
I love how it turned out and I only had to come up with the wire and a liner. Best part is that I still have another chair. Things don't last too long here in southern Florida. They take a beating from the sun and the rain. When this chair falls apart, I can bring out the other one.
Linking to these parties: