FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Chocolate Ganache-filled Macaroons

Monday, March 31, 2014

Chocolate Ganache-filled Macaroons


It seems like for ever since I wrote a post. I admire all of you that post everyday or almost everyday. Our Tiny has been such a focus for me and when she takes a turn for the worst, it is hard to deal with. She requires so much of my time. They have no idea why she is fine and then it starts all over again. So back to the hospital she goes today.


So what does Tiny have to do with Chocolate Ganache-filled Macaroons. Absolutely nothing. I had some extra time this week (wow, what a treat!) and since I haven't sent in goodies to my husband's work, I thought I would do a little baking. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Chocolate Ganache-filled Macaroons
I love macaroons so I guess they were calling to me. These are easy to put together. The batter gets a little sticky, but that gives you an excuse to lick your fingers.lol! I found the recipe in Food and Family magazine.
Eclectic Red Barn: Chocolate Ganache-filled Macaroons
You can add lots of the chocolate ganache or a little. I chose to add the latter. I really wanted the taste of the macaroon, but you decide.
Eclectic Red Barn: Chocolate Ganache-filled Macaroons

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of actually mixing up the ingredients - only the end product. They were light and chewy with a touch of chocolate and a dry roasted nut in the center.
Eclectic Red Barn: Chocolate Ganache-filled Macaroons
If you love macaroons, then you must give these a try. 

It feels good to be back blogging again. It has been too long. Thanks again to all of you that have continued to send prayers for Tiny. It means so much to me.

Hope you enjoy the macaroons!

 Recipe                                                           Print



Chocolate Ganache-filled MacaroonsEclectic Red Barn: Chocolate Ganache-filled Macaroons

Ingredients:
1 pkg. (14 oz.) Baker’s Angel Flake coconut (5 ⅓ cups)
⅔ cup sugar
¼ tsp. salt
4 egg whites, beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
2 oz. Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
32 Planters Dry roasted Almonds (¼ cup)

Directions:
Heat oven to 325 degrees
Combine coconut, sugar and salt in large bowl and blend. Add egg whites and extract and beat together, then add to coconut and blend well.

Drop coconut mixture into 32 mounds on parchment-covered baking sheet, using about 1 tablespoon coconut mixture for each mound.

Press indentation into center of each mound. Mixture will be a little sticky.

Bake for 20 min or until edges are golden. Cool completely on baking sheet.

Meanwhile, microwave chocolate until melted. Fold in cool whip until mixture is well blended.

Spoon melted chocolate mixture into a resealable plastic bag; snip small piece off one corner of the bag. Use to fill centers of macaroons; top with nuts.

Grab button for GREEN wILLOW POND
Linking to these parties:

TreasureBoxTuesday 7pm MONIn and out of the kitchen link partyThe DIY DreamerCreativity Unleashed link party!From The Farm Blog HopSay G'Day SaturdayLife on Lakeshore Drive blog buttonABFOL One Project at a Time photo SimpleSupperTuesday_zps93ff0e49.jpgMandy's Recipe Box31 Days to Slash Your Budget PainlesslyFluster's #CreativeMuster Linky Party #66Your Whims WednesdayIvy and ElephantsToo Much Time On My Hands Inspire Me MondayThe Chicken Chick

11 comments :

  1. this is just the perfect bite dessert! I love macaroons and would eat so many of these :-) Checking these out from the in and out kitchen link party! Yummy!
    Cathy
    www.threekidsandafish.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe...thanks for sharing :)

    Blessings!

    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coconut macaroons, and yours look wonderful! Is there anything better than the combination of coconut, chocolate, and nuts? I don't think so! :) Thank you for sharing these with us at Treasure Box Tuesday! PINNED!

    Hope Tiny is doing well today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious and I can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter recently discovered a pie recipe that is very similar to these, It is delicious but very rich as it also has a caramel layer. These look so good and they are gluten free...yeah! Thank you for sharing these and your adorable teacup bird feederat What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm, I just love macaroon cookies. Add chocolate and an almond and it reminds me of Almond Joy chocolates. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!! I love macaroons! You're making me need to make some for Easter! Thanks for linking up with our Wake Up Wednesday Linky! Stop by next week to see if you're featured!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look fantastic! I love all things chocolate and coconut. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop!

    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is my first visit to your blog, and I am very impressed with the articles that you serve. Give adequate knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful material. I will be back for the more great post. Belgian Chocolate Sydney

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...