I had to think about the exact ingredients for the recipe. I have a tendency to just "dump". It is an easy recipe and tastes great.
I used store bought pie crusts for this pie. Sometimes I make my own.
I cooked the vegetables for about 5 minutes. You can use any left over vegetables you have on hand. I usually use a package of frozen mixed vegetables and then add anything else I might have on hand. You can add potatoes too, just make sure they are cut into small bites so they will cook or precook them for a few minutes.
Directions in a nutshell:
1. Roll out one of the pie crusts and place into a pie pan.
2. Mix the soup, milk and sour cream in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Place the turkey, vegetables, and anything else you want into a large bowl.
4. Add the soup mixture and stir to blend.
5. Pour the mixture into the pie crusts.
6. Cover the top with the second pie crusts and cut some slits to vent.
I used a regular pie pan for one and two small single serving dishes for the reminder of the filling.
These are great dinner sizes. I have even served them several times for a dinner party. Everyone gets their own pot pie.
Bake the pot pies in a 350 oven for around 50 minutes depending on your oven temperature. Bake the individual pies around 45 minutes.
This makes a great meal and you can cut some calories by using light sour cream, skim milk and healthy soup.
Turkey Pot Pie
1 can cream of chicken soup(or cream of mushroom)
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
½ can of milk ( I used skim)
½ cup sour cream
1-2 cups diced turkey, chicken, beef or ham
2 pie crusts
1. Roll out one of the pie crusts and place into a pie pan and set aside
2. In a large bowl, mix the soup and milk together
3. Add sour cream and stir
4. Add slightly cooked vegetables(I cook them for about 5 minutes) and turkey to soup mixture (can add potatoes or other leftover vegetables)
5. Stir until well mixed
6. Pour into pie crust
7. Roll out second pie crust and place over the filled pie.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. This may vary depending on your oven and size of pie pan used. For the individual pies, I bake them for about 45 minutes.