FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Last Minute Centerpiece

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Last Minute Centerpiece

Need something on your side table, coffee table, or anywhere, why not create a cranberry candle centerpiece. I needed three for the round tables that we set up on our deck for our annual Christmas party. I knew I wanted candles, but didn't want to spend a lot and I didn't want them to take up too much room. 

I looked in my stash and the fridge to see what might work. This is what I came up with.
Eclectic Red Barn: Candle centerpiece with epsom salt and cranberries

I found three dishes and  three plates that I bought at a garage sale for 50 cents for the plates and 50 cents for the dishes. So $1 for all three sets. I purchased the candles at the Dollar Store for $1 each.

Eclectic Red Barn:Dishes and candles for centerpiece display

I placed the candles in the dishes. Then I wanted something like snow for the bottom. I came up with the Epsom salt. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Adding epsom salt to candle centerpiece
Now for some fruit - fresh cranberries!
Eclectic Red Barn: Adding fresh cranberries to candle centerpiece
I added some fresh pine around the base of the dishes.
I set one on each table that was decorated with a Christmas tablecloth.
EEclectic Red Barn: Candle centerpiece with fresh cranberries on table
They made a nice centerpiece for the tables and everyone loved them. It gave them plenty of room for their plates and glasses. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Candle centerpiece with fresh cranberries
So if you need a last minute centerpiece, this might work or check your pantry or fridge for supplies. Spices like parsley and sage would be nice. Fresh cranberries are inexpensive, but you could also use nuts or glass beads. The possibilities are endless.


Linking to these parties:
 thursday favorite things blog hopMcCall Manormakers-gonna-make-link-party-png

7 comments :

  1. so simple to put together and yet so pretty. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Simple and seasonal AND you can still use the table rather then having to clear off the centerpiece when it is time to sit down. I am a new follower now and am pinning this!

    Widgy Cat at catsonthehomestead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple and lovey! Not to mention easy and frugal. Great idea!

    Merry Christmas!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays, your tables are going to look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. its lovely!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Wishing you a lovely weekend and a very Merry Christmas♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Epson salt!!! I was wondering what you had used for the "snow". This is so cute and easy. I'm pinning it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pop of red and how you did it on a budget....looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...