FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Christmas and Movies!

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas and Movies!


In just a few days, Christmas will be here. It is hard to believe, but true. Are you a movie goer? I was just reading that Christmas Day has become a big day in the movie industry. Many studios like to release big-budget films on December 25th. 
According to Box Office Mojo, an online movie publication and box office reporting service, no film has fared better on Christmas Day than "Sherlock Holmes," which premiered on December 25, 2009, earning just under $25 million in its initial day onscreen. 

Second in earnings was "Avatar", in 2009 with James Cameron, earning more than $23 million in Christmas Day even though it had opened three days before.

Third in earnings was Ben Stiller in "Meet the Fockers" in 2004, earning $19.5 million.

Fourth  in earnings featured two films, both in 2012: "Les Miserables" with $18 million. 

Fifth in earnings was Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" with $15 million. 

Here are two movies that are scheduled to open on Christmas day:
"The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" and "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit". 

We may watch a Disney movie with the grand kids, maybe Frozen, not necessarily a Christmas release or something we have already seen. I could watch Disney movies over and over again. A kid at heart!

If you have an opportunity to see a new movie on Christmas, know that you are not alone. 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year




3 comments :

  1. I love the fact that so many movies come out at Christmas. I definitely want to go see the Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
    In 1967, The Graduate was released on December 21, a movie I still remember vividly, even though I only saw it once. http://newgrandmas.com/21348/rememberwhen/entertainment/the-graduate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to a theater in ages. Not a bad way to spend Christmas day though. A nice laid back way to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: ( {Pattas} Movie Full Leaked By Tamil Rocker )

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...