FFf Eclectic Red Barn: 2013 Ornament Exchange

Monday, December 16, 2013

2013 Ornament Exchange

This was my first year to participate in the Ornament Exchange, over at I should be mopping the floor. I was a little reluctant at first, not sure why. I had a fabulous time. We were paired up with another blogger that became our exchange partner. I met Sonya via email and we learned a little about one another. She lives in Buford, GA and has 9 Christmas trees in her house:
a family tree that has all their ornaments, ornaments from my childhood and my husband's childhood; a cupcake tree; a USA tree; a gold tree; a tree with all handmade ornaments; a rustic tree; 2 trees for my kid's high school and activities; then a tree I mix up every year.

She sent me this lovely embroidered ornament and the most creative gift tag. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Ornament Exchange 2013
I should have taken a picture of it while it was still wrapped but I was too excited.
The ornament is just lovely. You can see all of the work that has gone into it.
Eclectic Red Barn: hand embroidered ornament
This would have been enough, but the gift tag was just as gorgeous. 
Eclectic Red Barn: hand made gift tag
It had so much detail; various ribbons, felt pom pom flower, pick ceramic medallion and an inspire charm. All made by Sonya.
Eclectic Red Barn: hand made gift tag
She even added a clip on the back so I could clip it to the tree. It is overcast today, so the pictures on the tree were not good. 
Eclectic Red Barn: hand made gift tag

Her website is:
http://www.georgiabelleboutique.blogspot.com/ 

This was a great experience. It is so nice to get to know another blogger and to see their expertise. I really enjoyed participating in the Ornament Exchange. You might want to think about it for next year. I know I hope to participate again.




Linking to these parties:

The Dedicated HouseSweet Wednesday Link Party at MySweetMission.netWhat did you makeFluster BusterInline image 2

3 comments :

  1. So cute! You and I have the same timing... I posted about my ornament from the #OrnamentSwap13 today too! Check it out here --> http://itsalwaysruetten.blogspot.com/2013/12/handmade-state-ornaments.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely ornament and the tag is pretty awesome too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I've never participated in one...sounds like fun, though! All of my decorating and projects are done except for my tablescape. I still have quite a few more posts to share of my decor and I pooped already!
    JP

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...