FFf Eclectic Red Barn: MY WV Surprise!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

MY WV Surprise!

My husband went to West Virginia (Wheeling) for his family reunion. It was rather last minute so he decided to drive from Ft. Lauderdale and would pick up his brother in Georgia. Normally, he would have taken his truck, but 5 days before he left, he was rear ended and over $5,000 in damage. Fortunately, he is fine. So they gave him a Honda Accord. Somewhat smaller than he is use to.

After a few days I get a call, would you like some chairs. Well of course. There were also three lamps. I will take anything. lol! I said, bring what you can. Here is what he brought me. 

Eclectic Red Barn: Free chairs and lamps from West Virginia

Now you have to understand that he is an engineer and even though I told him it didn't matter what he brought, he was going to make it fit no matter what. This might not be too bad, except for the fact that they had two suitcases and two golf bags and lots of hanging clothes. He did it. What a guy!

Eclectic Red Barn: Upholstered print chair

This chair is so heavy it feels like there are bricks in the seat. It does have springs, but not sure why it is so heavy. All of the wood is in good condition and so is the fabric.  

Eclectic Red Barn: Upholstered print chair with nail heads
 It looks like it was professionally upholstered. 

The yellow chair is not in good condition. The fabric is like a velour and the seat needs help. However, the frame is in good condition.
I am not sure what I am going to do with lamps - maybe some painting. As for the chairs, someday I will get to them. I have never upholstered something like this before. I think I have my work cut out for me. Although I am excited with the free items, I am feeling a little overwhelmed. I am trying to get my barn cleaned out and refinish items in it and now more stuff to work on. 

I have to admit, it is never boring and it pays to have a great hubby. 

featured
Linking to these parties:

Fluster BusterYour Whims WednesdayThe DIY Dreamer All Things Thursday Blog HopReal Family Fun Wednesdays at The Real Thing with the Coake Familykatherines cornerThrifty Things FridayWillamette Valley Wonder WomanThe Fun In Functional link party @ Practically Functional YOUR BLOG NAME It's Overflowing


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...