FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Gecko Suns on a Watering Can

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Gecko Suns on a Watering Can

As you may know, I have a 13 year old Doxie, Marina. She is great - sleeps most of the day. As my husband says, "you can't leave well enough alone", I had to get two more Doxies.  Caleigh, is 3 and Louie (her puppy) just turned 4 months. See those eyes. They say "mischievous"!
Eclectic Red Barn: Marina, Caleigh and Louie on the deck chair

So what about the gecko? I am getting to that!
It has been so long since I trained a puppy, that I forgot how hard it was. Small dogs are even harder since they can't hold it for too long. So almost every hour or more, we go outside - if he plays, outside; if he wakes up, outside; if he eats, outside. Pretty much anything and outside we go to the bathroom. Whew! That's all I do all day long!

I have only had him for six weeks and already, he is getting better. I think another 4 months and maybe we will have the potty training down! 

So on one of our many trips outside, I sat down on the top step of the deck, while they scampered around. As I looked to my right, there was this gecko sunning himself on the end of my watering can. I was only about 2 feet from him and he didn't care.

Eclectic Red Barn: Gecko sunning on the end of a watering can
Even when I went to get my camera, he just sat there.He did turn his head, maybe he was camera shy?

Eclectic Red Barn: Gecko sunning on the end of a watering can

Marina came up to sit by me and didn't notice the gecko and the gecko didn't seem to be bothered by her.

Eclectic Red Barn: Marina sitting next to the gecko on the watering can
She was sitting there for a few minutes, when Marina realized the gecko was there.

I thought Marina would go after the gecko, but she didn't. However, Louie did.
He came bounding up the steps and the gecko didn't stick around.

Eclectic Red Barn: Louie trying to get the gecko on the watering can
Louie hunted, but no luck!

It certainly takes a lot of time, but what a joy he is. Off to puppy class!

Do any of you have puppy stories?
Linking to these parties:

Fluster BusterReal Family Fun Link Partykatherines cornerCatch a Glimpse Button


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...