FFf Eclectic Red Barn: House Plants turned Garden Plants

Monday, May 6, 2013

House Plants turned Garden Plants

When I lived up north, I loved to have house plants. One of the plants that I had was the peace lily. When I moved to Florida, I brought a few of my plants with me and the peace lily was one of them. I realized that instead of having this plant in the house, people here planted them in their gardens.

Eclectic Red Barn: Peace Lily Flower

With the recent rains, they are blooming like crazy.  This is their spring. When I was up north, trying to get them to bloom, was not always easy, but here they seem to love it. They don't like the sun, but do well in the shade. This plant is doing so well here that my one plant is now six large plants along the side of my deck.

The leaves seem to hide within the green foliage and them emerge - as this one is doing.

Eclectic Red Barn: Peace Lily Flower Bud


                         I love their beautiful white flowers against the dark green foliage.

Eclectic Red Barn: Peace Lily Flower

Their centers have hundreds of intricate little "knobbies" up and down the stem.



I think we tend to look at the leaves of this plant, but it is the centers of the leaf that fascinate me.  

Eclectic Red Barn: Peace Lily Flower Center Stem

Looks like it might be some underwater creature!

Linking to these parties:


Rurality Blog Hop #13ffWeekly Top Shot #82


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...