FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Old window makes a great display!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Old window makes a great display!

  Life on Lakeshore Drive  
My husband said, "this window is falling apart". He was kind of right. The one side was not so bad, but it was the other side that caught my eye. When I picked it up however, the paint and part of the window was coming off in my hands. For $1.00 I had to have it. I love old windows.

Eclectic Red Barn: Old window, bunny and wire basket
I didn't want to clean it up because I thought it might fall apart. Instead, I just use it as is.
Works for me! I decided to add it to a couple of other items for an Easter display.

Eclectic Red Barn: Old, old window with cast iron bunny and wire basket

In addition to the old window, I placed a cast iron bunny that I have had for many years. He seems to have a "strong air about him"!


Eclectic Red Barn: Cast iron bunny and wire basket

I thought the bunny would work well with the wire baskets I picked up at a garage sale. I saw these baskets beside some garage cans and asked if they were throwing them out, When they said yes, I asked if I could have them. They were old planters, so I took off the hangers and just used the base. Not sure what I am going to use the others for yet. Next project:)

Eclectic Red Barn: Old wire basket with terracotta eggs

I filled the basket with moss from our Live Oak trees that I put in the freezer to kill the bugs. Next I added these terracotta eggs that I picked up a few years ago.


Eclectic Red Barn: Old window with book-page flowers

I draped a string of  book page flowers next. These were simple to make. I added some burlap strips in between the flowers for some additional color. Here is a closeup of the flowers.

Eclectic Red Barn: Book-page flower garland
I like how it turned out. Hope you do too!

Eclectic Red Barn: Old window, cast iron bunny, wire basket filled with terracotta eggs and flower garland


How is your Easter decorating coming? I am still working on mine.

Linking up to these parties:
 mop it up mondays featureAmySkip To My LouBest Linky Party on the WebMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaPhotobuckettherusticpig Mod Vintage LifeA Diamond in the StuffThe DIY DreamerthurCozyLittleHousebadge150xThe Fun In Functional @ Practically Functional - Wednesdays @ 8amAdorned From AboveWednesday Whatsits Button
Mom On Timeout
katherines cornerChic on a Shoestring DecoratingMy Turn For UsKitchenFunSerenity you


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...