FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Pillows Using Vintage Lace Items

Friday, August 24, 2012

Pillows Using Vintage Lace Items

three pillows, vintage dress lace, pillow case lace, vintage buckle
Pillows with Vintage Lace, Buttons, & Buckle



Well, Tropical Storm Isaac is bringing lots and lots of rain to South Florida so I decided to make some pillows - three to be exact. 

I had two pillow forms and  a pillow from the couch that I recovered and didn't use, so I thought I would use some of the stuffing from it.


pillow options
Pillow Options

I found some fabric from some previous projects, surprisingly they seemed to compliment each other very well. 

fabric options, pillows
Fabric options for the pillows
When I was looking for the fabric, I found a vintage piece of lace from a dress front. I thought it would look great on a pillow, especially the paisley print. I loved the way it  looked. For the next pillow, I wanted to use a woven beige fabric to add some texture. However, I needed to add something  to tie it to the other pillows. So I thought I would add a piece of binding; however, I didn't have what I wanted, so I used a piece from the paisley print. I still needed something to set off the strip. Off to my vintage button collection where I found a vintage buckle. For the last pillow, I used print and the striped fabric. I needed something to add to this pillow as well. Off to my button collection again where I found three vintage buttons. I still needed more accent so I went to my vintage lace collection. (I have many collections!) It payed off in the end. Now I could put them all together. I liked how they turned out; what do you think?
 
paisley pillow with vintage dress lace
Pillow with Vintage Dress Lace
 
beige pillow with vintage buckle
Beige Pillow with Vintage Buckle
 
two fabric pillow with vintage lace
Pillow with Vintage Lace & Buttons
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...